- "Therefore, just as through one man sin
entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread
to all men, because all sinned..." (Romans 5:12).
- "What is man, that he could be pure?
And he who is born of a woman, that he could be righteous? If
God puts no trust in His saints, and the heavens are not pure
in His sight, how much less man, who is abominable and filthy,
who drinks iniquity like water!" (Job 15:14-16).
- "For there is not a just man on earth
who does good and does not sin." (Ecclesiastes 7:20).
- "Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
and in sin my mother conceived me." (Psalm 51:5).
- "Do not enter into judgment with Your servant, for in Your
sight no one living is righteous." (Psalm 143:2).
- "When they sin against You (for there
is no one who does not sin), and You become angry with them
and deliver them to the enemy, and they take them captive to
the land of the enemy, far or near;..." (1 Kings 8:46, 2 Chronicles 6:36).
- "So He said to him, 'Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that
is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.'"
(Matthew 19:17, Mark 10:18).
- "Who can say, 'I have made my heart clean,
I am pure from my sin'?" (Proverbs 20:9).
- "What then? Are we better than they? Not at all. For we have previously
charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin. As it is written:
'There is none righteous, no, not one; there is none who understands; there
is none who seeks after God. They have all turned aside; they have together
become unprofitable; there is none who does good, no, not one...'Now we
know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law,
that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before
God...For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of
the glory of God..." (Romans 3:9-23).
- "The LORD looks down from heaven upon the children of men,
To see if there are any who understand, who seek God.
They have all turned aside,
They have together become corrupt;
There is none who does good,
No, not one." (Psalm 14:2-3).
- "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in
us...If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar,
and His word is not in us." (1 John 1:8-10).
- "If you, O LORD, should mark iniquities, Lord, who could stand?"